• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Instagram
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Lesley's Open Studio


Lesley is having an open studio of her weaving (scarves, shawls, hats), quilts, and hand-spun wool over Thanksgiving weekend across the road from our home at 285 Dogwood Road. Info on all 19 Bolinas artists: www.coastalmarinartists.com. A couple of blocks down the road (165 Alder) is painter Dieter Tremp's studio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesley's work is beautiful. Thank you for showing us.

Just curious...the amount of her work which is shown in this photo, how long would this take to accomplish? A year or more?...

Irene Tukuafu said...

I agree on this work being BEAUTIFUL. I would ask the same question...now long to accomplish this unique display of artwork? Love her choice of colors and variety. Wish I could come and see it all my self.

Lloyd Kahn said...

Anonymous
From Lesley: Thank you for your kind words.
I enjoy working with my hands and making useful things !
My shawls and scarves can take a week or so- not working 8 hrs a day, but a little every day. Setting up the loom for a project is the slowest part.
The quilts are also worked for short periods of time, but most days until finished- and can take 3-5 months.
Some of the work pictured, such as the quilts, was completed in the last 5 years, but weaving etc in the last year.

Anonymous said...

Lesley (Lloyd)
Thank you for the reply/info. After I posted suggesting "a year or more"...I started thinking, maybe more like five yrs, all told...grin.

It is interesting to understand how long /how much work is involved. I hope when you set up for a show/sale, you have a card beside each to indicate roughly the hours/time etc...

All told, beautiful work. I have always loved hand made "anything".

Post a Comment