• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Instagram
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Brewski, Hockey & $10 Steak in Winnipeg

After my presentation at McNally Robinson, a fantastic bookstore in Winnipeg tonight, I went wandering the windy streets in search of food, went down stairs to Johnny G's Pub, looked a bit sketchy but I was hungry. I ended up with local pilsner on tap plus Thursday night special, steak and fettuccine for 10 I-kid-you-not bucks, and it's fantastic, perfectly cooked medium rare small  steak and very good lightly garlic-flavored pasta and I sit here with one other customer and 2 bartenders watching the Stanley Cup hockey playoff between Ottawa and Pittsburgh which is tied up and now in overtime and there are now 8 more people here plus a guy with guitar singing, talking to friendly locals, reflecting on the richness of serendipity...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Haven't been to the 'Peg in a while, but I'm planning to be there next week. It's a 4 hour drive, so I'll have to look Johnny G's up.

What was the local pilsner? A lot of nice craft brewers popping up in the area.

Post a Comment