• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Instagram
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Back to Baja Once again

I'm taking off tomorrow morning -- for a week in and around San José del Cabo. For about 12 years, I went to Baja whenever I could. I kept a 1983 4-wheel drive Toyota truck down there, would fly down, drive 12 miles east of town along the coast, let out air pressure in tires to about 7 lbs and drive 2 miles on the sandy beach to a place gringos called Roosterfish Cove, put up my flea market tarp for shade, unfurl the rooftop tent for sleeping, and hang out for 3-4 days, all alone, surfing, swimming, running on the beach, seldom wearing clothes. In hot months, it was pretty unbearable from 11 AM to 5 PM, but the early mornings and early evenings were exquisite.

It's been 8 years since I was last there, and I know it's built up immensely. I'm taking fins. Haven't surfed in months, due to cold water here and a damaged shoulder. I'll see what happens down there. I'm staying at a few different places on the beach. Meeting my good friend Chilon when I get there, he's making lunch for us.

Here are some posts from years back: http://lloydkahn-ongoing.blogspot.com/search?q=baja

Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment