• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Instagram
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

1st Presentation on New Book Small Homes


40-50 people showed up for my talk/slide show Wednesday night at the North House Folk School in Grand Marais. I'm amazed anyone came, it was so cold out. Kindred spirits fer shure.

Us born-and-bred coastal Caifornians are wimps when it comes to weather like this. It was minus 4 degrees F this morning. Sometimes it gets down to -20F, and if the wind is blowing, -40 wind chill factor. When you step outside, the cold attacks you, it's all you can think of.

8 comments:

Who said...

I would have loved to have been there. But those of us from the Old South are real wimps about col weater as well ;). Thanks for your updates, Mimi

Holly said...

Already ordered my book but will there be any presentations in Cali? Would love to hear you speak!
Any chance Lesley will do one on baking, gardening, etc?
Thx!

Luddene Perry said...

I lived not far from Grand Marais for 20 years. You do get use to it....

Kristin said...

I used to live in MN. never again.

Powell River Books said...

I remember coming to your presentation for the Tiny Homes Simple Shelter book at Emily Carr University in Vancouver. I was so honoured to have our float cabin home featured and my husband's rainbow picture over Goat Island used as the backdrop to the question/answer period. Congratulations on your new book. - Margy

Lloyd Kahn said...

Holly, the one day I have right now is City Lights in San Francisco on April 11. At the end of February I'll post other California dates.

Anonymous said...

I'm an longtime Oregon transplant from rural Kansas. I used to joke with old friends in Kansas that Oregonians melt at 85 degrees and freeze solid at 32. It seems more true today than it did back yonder. But of course, it's just my own perception. Guess my roots took well.

tuskedbeast said...

Tactile description of cold. We only get in the 40s here in SF and when that happens the air stops being gaseous, it feels like cold water on my face.

Post a Comment