• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

"I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

Famous movie quotes quiz (mostly vintage).
I have to remember, when talking to people much younger, that we don't necessarily share the same points of reference. These are all embedded in my memory, and I have to remember that there's a certain age requirement for them to have any meaning.
1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
2. "He vas my boyfriend!"*
3. "Here's looking at you, kid."
4. "We'll always have Paris."
5. "Round up the usual suspects."
6. "Made it Ma, top of the world!"
7. “Mussolini, Hitler—and now, Peterson!”
8. "I coulda been a contender."
9. "You talkin to me?"
10. "Go ahead, make my day."
11. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."
12. " You just put your lips together and blow."
13, "Nobody's perfect."
14. "It was beauty killed the beast."
15. "The Dude abides."
16. "You're my baby, man."
17. "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille."

*in what is probably my favorite film of all time: 
18. "…just exactly what is it that you do do?"
19. "Put the candle back!"
20. "Don't put the candle back!"
20. " Do not open this door."
21. "Open this god dammed door…"
22.  "Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and you're off with the boys…"

Hey, this is fun, but I gotta get back to work. We're putting the finishing touches on Small Homes: The Right Size this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment