• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead

Louie coming in on cable across river--500 foot ride to his cabin

via Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDTNS1qAMig/
He's carrying a duck I bought at Costco ($15), which we cooked for dinner. Every time I ride across the river on the cable, my heart's in my mouth. The river is high and rushing right now.


Anonymous said...

My gosh..Truly it sounds wonderful...but I could not do it...I am a scardy cat..

Is there another way into his place, or is this cable it?

c w swanson said...

Wait, what? A 500 foot cable is his driveway? More info please!

Lloyd Kahn said...

Louie's cabin is across a river. In winter, when water is high, only access is on a bosun's chair on the cable. You take off from a 30' high tower and go by gravity to the other side. There is another cable for the return trip.

Dominic said...

There are a few videos of Lloyd riding the cable on youtube.

Anonymous said...

couldn't decide where to put this, thought you might like to see it...


This might be the toughest 9-year-old around

Earlier this month, Milla became the only competitor under 18 at an extreme obstacle course race in Miami, Florida.

inspired to start competing in Spartan races and obstacle courses

Post a Comment