• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

For Stones Fans Only

If I had to pick one, I guess my favorite musical genre would be the blues. Something that reaches to my most inner depths.

BUT there's just something about rock n roll that grabs me out of the blue, so to speak, every once in awhile. Gimme Shelter came on* when I was doing dishes last week, such a perfect song, one for which I have several rather deep connections.

A few notes by Keith, 2 drumbeats by Charlie then a few triplets of ooo-ooo-ooos from the girls before:
Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

Then on came Let It Bleed. We all need someone to lean on. So true.

Check it out 60s R&R fans. Like every few years I listen to Blonde on Blonde or the Band's first album.
*on our very fine locsal station KWMR, which plays world-class outstsanding music

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup, those beats can sure grab a person at times, and sometimes when they do need grabbing. Noticed it myself.

bayrider said...

I will add it to my internet radio and check that out. We have 2 excellent stations in the north state, JPR Rhythm and News service out of Ashland OR and KHUM from Ferndale and Arcata. Both can be streamed via various methods and are standout stations with mostly DJ hosted programs as well as excellent syndicated programs.

windpowerjohn said...

Mose Allison was the piano man whose music crossed so many genres. He was pivotal in bringing American blues to the English boys in the late 50s and early 60s. No Mose, no Gimme. Retired after a 60+ year career.

Post a Comment