• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

House in Bottle


via Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAflgN3gMoF/
I got this in an antique/coffeehouse in Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii last year. The entire bottle is 9-1/2" long (the section shown here is about 5" wide), 4" high, 3" wide; the neck, through which all of this had to fit, is about 1" wide. How they ever did this is beyond me. Build it in collapsed form, slide in and pull erect? There are two human figures, a couple of baskets, a palm tree, and some fencing. Wonder of wonders!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

very cool.

I suppose the end of the bottle is small? I googled to see if I could find how it was done, but the ones I found all had rather large openings....

Post a Comment