• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Cool Deep Green Swimming Hole on Hot August Day

Secret spot on secret river
I've been swimming here 3 times on this trip. It's about 8 feet deep by the rock. Not another soul in sight. Takes me a little while to decompress, for the barriers of disconnectedness with the wild world to drop away. Alone, no cars, people, electricity…lying in the sun, body 100% bathed in sunlight (Viva said in Andy Warhol's Interview Magazine in the '70s, "The sun is my lover."
Pretty soon I notice there are tiny insects buzzing around just above water surface; once in a while a silver flash when a baby fish will jump out of water and grab one.
I get warm in then sun, then swim…perfect.

1 comment :

blissfulsally said...

Perfect!

Post a Comment