• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead

I'm Off to NYC Saturday, May 22, 2015

For a week, staying in a small, built-in-1841 hotel in the Village. I'm going to Book Expo America and while I'm there, exploring this most fabulous of all cities. I'm really excited. Got a first class ticket with Visa/frequent flyer awards; my MO is to take the red eye, arrive at JFK around 7AM Sunday, stay up all day (no naps), go to bed by midnight, which eases me into eastern time. I usually go to Washington Square on Sunday afternoon to see the acrobats, music groups, skateboarders, then wander the streets, gawking and shooting photos.

Any tips on cafes, restaurants, venues, unique places to visit?

Ground Control to Major Tom,

Commencing countdown, engines on...


John Kaay said...

Good use for a SUP board.

Anonymous said...


Jack Nieman said...

If your in the village, I would check out Native Leather on 203 Bleeker St. It's a true Greenwich Village survivor.

Btw, do you have a speaking engagement? I am a big fan.

All the best,

Bob Patterson said...

Go to brooklyn and find a good deli!

Anonymous said...

sounds great/

PLEASE post photos of small old hotel. .....

Post a Comment