• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead

Update on Lucas Sweeten's Schoolbus Home

Lucas' bus was featured on pp. 70-71 of Tiny Homes on the Move. Here's the latest:

April 3, 2015
Hey Hey there Lloyd, I wanted to give you an update on the bus. Also, I really appreciated you working with me for the timeline and putting my bus in your book.… So, for the update: I'll attach a few pictures of the bus. Naturally it's not finished. It most likely will never be, but as we know that is the joy of a custom mobile life.

Since the past pictures I've rebuilt most of the interior using wood I've cut, milled, stacked and dried (all done a few years back), or wood that I've salvaged. There's a 400 watt solar system, 12v lighting, converted freezer to fridge (not in the pics), deck on top, pull behind trailer/porch, and concrete shower. The floors are plumbed with radiant heat pex tubing.  I have a thermal solar panel although it's not installed yet. The grey water tank is in, and finally some curtains are being hung.

In just a few weeks I'll be taking her on the true maiden voyage. Granted I'll be driving back to where it was about 6 months ago but, I'll be living in it this time for the foreseeable future. It will be a short stay in Kentucky before heading to Maine, which is my final destination. In Maine I'll be attending a metalwork school for the rest of the year followed by a fine furniture making school. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy.
    Lucas Sweeten



Anonymous said...

Big job. Looking more than unique (which of course it is)...Looking inviting and friendly and welcoming. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

interesting series


American boondockers

Surprising photographs of people who live in their vehicles, from the Cascades to the Rockies.

Anonymous said...

hey....those pop up pictures to "verify" are a pain in the keister...."just saying"....

Post a Comment