• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Trip Into San Francisco Yesterday


My friend Louie and I started out the morning with Irish coffees and split a crab omelette out by the beach. Beautiful sunny day, fresh ocean breezes AND whales now migrating north. Lots of them cavorting off Ocean Beach, on their way back north after having calves in Baja.

Then, since I was looking for leather to make knife sheaths with (been making custom handles for Russell hand-in-USA carbon steel knives). We ended up going to the S. H. Frank Co on 17th street and it was an amazing place. Been there over 100 years, tons of leather, animal skins, tools. I got some leather working tools and some leather. Excited to finally have the punches, cutter, leather scissors, etc. so I can work leather.

4 comments:

Island Woman MJ said...

It's nice to know those places are still around. Good luck with the leather working!

Lesa NeSmith said...

I'm from the east. I remember going to the factory stores in Massachusetts once a year for supplies. The experience was always creatively inspiring. Thanks for reminding me of that feeling and memory. I've never been to San Francisco - gives me more reason to visit!
Enjoy your new tools!
BTW I enjoy reading your blog posts.

Lesa NeSmith said...

I'm from the east. I remember going to the factory stores in Massachusetts once a year for supplies. The experience was always creatively inspiring. Thanks for reminding me of that feeling and memory. I've never been to San Francisco - gives me more reason to visit!
Enjoy your new tools!
BTW I enjoy reading your blog posts.

Anonymous said...

You and Louie are so inspiring! Thanks for posting.

Post a Comment