• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

My New Skateboard

Just put this together and it feels good. My little street truck. I wanted a short, low-to-ground board, so cut down my old Tamalpais board and added risers and some really good trucks and wheels from Loaded Boards. Turns really well, still in testing stage. Gonna notch out 4 corners to avoid board rubbing against wheels on sharp turns. Possibly I'll reconfigure with a board maybe 3" longer.

11 comments:

Mattole Craftsman said...

Those metal brackets are sweet! Did you have those made?

Lloyd Kahn said...

Bought them here: http://www.maherajahstore.com/products/maherajah-drop-brackets-for-skateboards

Anonymous said...

Have you had the chance to ride the board you installed breaks on?
How is it handling?

Lloyd Kahn said...

I'm not crazy about the brakes. Having to keep a heel ready to hit the brake detracts from the pure joy of skating. I keep meaning to try it on a long downhill run, but haven't gotten around to it.

Mattole Craftsman said...

Thanks for the reply Lloyd.

Dan Radice said...

Thanks for this Lloyd!
My Daughter has a board now (She's 9), but now my gears are turning and I'd like to make her one that's a little more maneuverable and tailored to her needs.

Dominic said...

Re: Brakes... I guess that hitting the brake by accident must be in the back of your mind as well when you are riding. Does it seem to brake hard enough that it would bring your board to a halt so quickly that it could throw you off the board?

Lloyd Kahn said...

Yep, it works very well. If you hit the brake hard you'd go flying forward sans board.

Dominic said...

Thank you Lloyd.

And thank you for your blog. It is such a wealth of information on so many different subjects. I really really appreciate what you do.

Anonymous said...

Many Afghan Girls Are Not Allowed To Ride Bicycles, So ‘Skateistan’ Empowers Them With Skateboarding


http://www.boredpanda.com/skateistan-skateboarding-girls-afghanistan-jessica-fulford-dobson/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Newsletter


Many Afghan Girls Are Not Allowed To Ride Bicycles, So ‘Skateistan’ Empowers Them With Skateboarding




Anonymous said...

sorry, I think I messed up the link for above.

http://www.boredpanda.com/skateistan-skateboarding-girls-afghanistan-jessica-fulford-dobson/

Post a Comment