• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Surfin USA

Yesterday I was driving into San Francisco along the coast, and stopped to pick up a 50-ish-looking lady hitchhiking with a gas can. She got in, saw my fishing rods and said I'm from Montana, best fishing in the world. Then she heard the bluegrass music on the radio and said I'm a musician, I play lead guitar player for Aaron Neville.
Well, wow.
She went on to describe other bands she'd played with. Impressive.
Then: I'm a buddhist and have taken the vows of poverty.
You know Mavericks, she asked?
You mean the surf spot?
Yes, well I won the contest. I entered as a boy, they don't allow women to enter.
You won the whole contest?
Yes. I'm a surfer, I'm going out at Stinson Beach when I get gas.
I handed her a Tiny Homes mini-book as she got out.
I built a little house, she said. I'm a builder.
Medley: Surfin' Safari/Fun, Fun, Fun/Shut Down/Little Deuce [Live] by The Beach Boys on Grooveshark
 Inside, outside, USA…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i think i work with her husban; he does everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to

reppas said...

Was she also Special Forces, a Rhodes Scholar and Nobel Laureate? No? Well I guess the days are too short to do everything that you want to do.

Peter Rorvig said...

She sounds like a really talented lady.

Post a Comment