• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Food Market on Granville Island

Granville Island is a public market across a narrow stretch of water from downtown Vancouver. Lots of tourists, yes, but it's solid. Everything there seems to be of high quality, not the usual krap you see at street fairs. The food market is the best I've ever seen. Here are some photos from last month.That's Victor Pollan standing by his artistically designed fish display.









4 comments:

Wulf said...

A few years ago, National Geographic declared Toronto's St. Lawrence Market "the best public market in the world." As a Torontonian I know this is absurd - it's a good food market, but Granville Island is much, much better.

Powell River Books said...

I love the Granville Market. Rather than eating in a restaurant I like to get fresh food and make my own to eat overlooking False Creek. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Giant Wolf Spotted in B.C.

http://montecristomagazine.com/arts/artist-vik-muniz

Anonymous said...

Do you know

of anyone looking for a practical - old fashioned (but new) cookbook?



If you do, could you pass this on to them?



https://www.createspace.com/3898340?utm_source=JPMarie+Weekly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=912ec38c49-Cookbook5_26_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2f45c86c1c-912ec38c49-42942821





it is from a blog I read occasionally, and this woman is living a modern homestead, and is self publishing her recipes for old fashioned cooking.



http://www.justplainmarie.ca/



I am sure it will have interesting recipes and tidbits, but I never use a cookbook, so is not something I would use.



However, if you know of someone who might be interested, could you pass it on?


Post a Comment