• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead

Attention Car Nuts: 1930s Cord (810/812),1939 Studebaker Pickup Truck

A week ago, while in Vancouver, I went to have dinner with my friend, Vic Marks. Vic is the publisher of Hartley and Marks, and I got to know him years ago because of his elegant book Japanese Joinery: A Handbook for Joiners and Carpenters, published in 1983. Since then, Vick has developed a line of journals, or "blank books," called Paperblanks, with beautiful covers, and it's hugely successful.
Vic lives on a farm south of Vancouver and I got there as the sun was starting to set. Lo and behold, he's a car collector, and here are two of his vehicles. I'd seen pictures of Cords, but never one close up, and it was a beauty. In 70 years, I don't think there's been a more beautiful car designed.

 I don't ever remember seeing a Studebaker pickup truck; look at the angle of the rear end of the truck bed. This thing was solid, the body thick steel.

1 comment :

Island Woman MJ said...

A friend of mine has a much more rusty Studebaker pickup, but not in this swooping style. What a great truck (awesome car too).

Post a Comment