• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Jay's Customized Trailer

Last night I had a great crowd at Builders Booksource in Berkeley for a presentation on Tiny Homes on the Move. Two tiny homes were parked outside: Rick Auerbach's pickup truck road rig, and Jay Marlette's copper-roofed trailer, as shown here:
"Lloyd…As requested, here are some pics of the trailer. I made this trailer after I made the decision to drop my crazy mortgage and devote less time working and more time with my family and to enjoy projects like this one. So far we've taken it to Kanab Utah, Burning Man, Grass Valley, and other little trips. Its a 1976 Scamp and I went with a Vardo theme. The roof is wood, fiberglass, and copper anodized aluminum. The roof was designed to house a solar panel, a canopy and to function as a bike rack for two long cargo bikes. Friends and artists helped a lot with this.
-Jay"

2 comment s:

Kevin said...

Hi Jay. If you see this, I'm the artist who was checking out your rig early last evening. If you like, I'll be happy to help out when you have a painting party for it. Here's my addy:

kevin_2050@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

pictures look great. thank you.

Post a Comment