• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Walking Home — Tiny Home

"WALKING HOUSE is a modular dwelling system that enables persons to live a peaceful nomadic life, moving slowly through the landscape or cityscape with minimal impact on the environment. It collects energy from its surroundings using solar cells and small windmills. There is a system for collecting rain water and a system for solar heated hot water.…"

Well if you say so. Looks like it would be right at home in Dwell magazine. A reminder: I put up stuff I find interesting, not that I necessarily like. The story behind this one is weird.
Click here.
From Luke Griswold-Tergis

2 comment s:

Island Woman MJ said...

That article was not at all, or even close, to what I thought it might be. This came out of trying to unite Romany populations with their non-traveller neighbors if I am reading it right, and that wasn't too easy. Can't fault the intention, or...I'm not sure. Maybe I need another cup of coffee.

Peter Robinson said...

I read the article and I am not at all clear whether this is a serious design project or whether it is supposed to be a joke. If it is a serious project, someone certainly has too much time and/or money on their hands. I am totally unable to see how an itinerant Romani fruit picker - or anyone else for that matter - would be happy living in such a weird, uncomfortable-looking contrivance.

However, I may be missing something important here.

Post a Comment