• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead

I'm Doing 2 Presentations on Tiny Homes on the Move at the Maker Faire in San Mateo This Weekend

This thing is huge -- 50,000 people. And fun! Surprising to me because I'm hardly nerd-oriented. There's a wide range of things going on here, from ultra-geeky to downhome funk. This'll be the 4th time I've gone and I always have a great time. It's savvy, friendly, interesting, and very well run. I wander all over the large fairgrounds with my camera. It's great for kids, all kinds of robots wandering around, ingenious mobile vehicles, 3D printing (hot right now), the "HomeGrown Village" hall for gardening, homesteading, building, food preservation, etc.
   I'm doing 2 presentations on Tiny Homes On The Move:
    -Saturday May 17th, 3:30 PM on the Maker Square Stage in the Homegrown Village
    -Sunday May 18th, 3:00 PM on the Center Stage. Click here.

-Kevin Kelly will be talking about his best-seller Cool Tools at 1:30 PM Saturday on The Center Stage.
-Snowboarder Mike Basich (our star builder in Tiny Homes) will be talking about his remote mountain homestead and homemade ski lift at 2:30 Sunday on The Center Stage (just before me).
One thing: traffic is heavy. Check out the Faire's suggestions. You can bring a bike and park a mile or two away. General Faire info here.
Finally: Lew and Evan will be manning a Shelter Publications booth in one of the maker halls on how we make books. They'll be giving away free copies of the Tiny Homes on the Move mini-book and selling copies of the full-size book for $20 apiece (cheaper than Amazon).


Post a Comment