• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Coastal Splendor/Shooting Photo Collages

Tide pools, coves, caves. Great idea for kayak trip from Pt. Arena lighthouse south the Pt. Arena pier -- gonna do sometime.
   Again, I'm frustrated by the narrowness of the screen. I'm going to print out 4x5's when I get home, mount on board (and bring to Louie). The first stitched-together series of stills I ever saw was on the wall of Robert Frank's home on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Black and whites. Then I discovered the photo collages of David Hockney and bought his book Cameraworks. Such an eye-opener.
   I prefer to shoot with a 50mm or so lens setting, it's pretty much the way I see the world (as opposed to wider angled lenses, which distort things), then paste them together. (When shooting a building, I keep backing up and adjusting the zoom until it looks through the lens the way appears to my eye.)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

This scene is very similar to parts of the Jurassic coast in Dorset, UK

Post a Comment