• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Thursday Morning Fish Fry/Eagle Hunters of Mongolia

Left home about 6AM, drove south along the coast, the lights of San Francisco glowing across the water. A few crab boats out with lights…After all these years, the Golden Gate Bridge is still stunning…It was just 30 days ago today that I left for Hong Kong, did the press check for Tiny Homes on the Move, then promptly crashed energy-wise, limped on to home-sweet-home, got better, and now feeling recharged…B.B. King and Eric Clapton doing "Hold On, I'm Coming" right now, I'm at my usual early morning SFO haunt, Cafe Roma, in North Beach, old school Italian cafe…Man do I love this city…Man, do I love California…We've had a lot of rain in the Bay Area in the past few weeks; not so much of a drought here now, but I think the Central Valley is still in dire straits…Been the worst mushroom year in memory…This wonderful story of the eagle hunters of Mongolia from Rick Gordon:
Photo by Asher Svidensky
Click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't think of another writer who has such a strong sense of place about California. Always a pleasure to read about your lifelong bond with what is, for so many, just a mass of freeways or a place to pass through. Whenever I go to California, I feel extraordinarily lucky to be there, too.

Anonymous said...

Amazing..
Video of Fox hunting Mice under Three Feet of Snow
He uses Magnetic North to Hunt under Snow...

http://www.edisproduction.de/2013/11/19/fox-hunting-under-snow-in-an-incredible-way/

Post a Comment