• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Coyote Scat, Horned Grebe Diving in Lagoon

When I lived in Big Sur, I found that coyotes shat where the view was great. Check out the hair (mice, gophers, etc.) and bits of deer bones here.

I was poke poling for eel (nada) in the lagoon yesterday and this little Horned Grebe would dive down for maybe a minute, then pop back up energetically, didn't seem concerned by my proximity.

Thanks to HighFidelityRob for identifying the bird.


2 comment s:

HighFidelityRob said...

Looks like a Horned Grebe to me but i could be wrong

Spencer Johnston said...

It seems that up here in Alaska dogs consider coyote dung a special delicacy! Just rescued a stray pitbull that shared this sentiment. She even ate some after eating a pound or so of bison meat loaf we had leftover.

Post a Comment