• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Old World Woodworking Tools

"Eric Hollenbeck is a master woodworker who owns and operates the Blue Ox Millworks in Eureka, CA. The Ox is a lovely short film about Hollenbeck directed by Ben Proudfoot…"
Sent by Kevin Kelly.
Also see: http://www.blueoxmill.com/ 
"Eric Hollenbeck, his family and staff welcome you to the Blue Ox Millworks, where the craftsmanship tools and techniques of the last century are utilized to produce authentic custom millwork for private homes and commercial buildings throughout the United States.  …"

3 comment s:

Surveyor said...

What a brilliant film, the end statement is quite correct. " there are those who shower before work" and those who " shower after work" and the world needs both of us, extremely profound.

El Gaucho said...

What a beautiful little film. There were so many things to love about it, but the look on the kids face who had crafted the wooden bowl said everything about the impact that Mr. Hollenbeck has on his community and the world. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Old Sneelock said...

Thanks for sharing this excellent look into the mind of a Doer. During my time on earth I've held both kinds of jobs. Sometimes I took a shower in the morning before work and then after working for a living I would come home and work until I needed a shower before going to bed.
Working with your hands means working with mind and body. I think I share with Eric that my best times working are when I'm sharing what I've learned with others.

Post a Comment