• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

David Shipway's Indian Clubs

"Lloyd, I was trying to figure out what to make my son for Christmas, and saw your post on Indian Clubs. Off I went on Google....and what a discovery! If Amazon's sold out, then I'm gonna make some! I got digging in the lumber pile this morning and found some dry Douglas Fir 4x4, and had this pair of 2 pounders buffed up by mid-afternoon. The big challenge in turning these is to make the second one exactly like the first.
   I've been doing a bit of boogie with them to the shop radio , make sure there's swinging room for sure, and I feel ENERGIZED! Maybe I should read the operator's manual?
   Behind the clubs on Santa's workbench you can see a new pair of Xantho-cypress salad forks, some 90" Sitka spoon oars ready for collars, and a couple of experimental Yuloh pivots for the catboat, one Locust and one Rock Maple dipped in cuprinol. Godfrey will know what that's all about.

~david shipway
   sutil point (Cortes Island, BC)"
(David is one of the featured builders in Builders Of the Pacific Coast.)

1 comment :

Island Woman MJ said...

Nice work! Boogie on.

Post a Comment