• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Monday Morning Fish Fry

Day at the beach Yesterday I walked a few miles along the coast, carrying my wetsuit, surf mat and fins in a backpack. I've had the mat for over a year and never used it. It was sunny, the ocean glassy, surf 3-4 feet, but breaking straight across. Suited up -- gotta bite the bullet sometime -- and hit the water. Two surfers out, getting creamed each time they got up…When I got out, surf had jumped to 4-6', breaking kah-wump with big thick lips…Bottom line: surfing a mat ain't as easy as I thought, or as easy as it looks. I had a hard time getting in the right place at the right time. I did get one ride, but also got pounded a couple of times. But you know, at my age, I ain't complainin, just getting in the water always generates chi…On the way back, there were these rock sculptures, hadn't been there a few hours earlier.

   Tiny Homes On The Move is moving, albeit slowly. Rick has been working over a month, doing Photoshop work on the 1,000+ photos, many of which need resuscitation; on some of these he's performing minor miracles, bringing out lacking color, depth and sharpness…I had a sort of breakthrough Friday when I cancelled a planned kayak adventure to Drake's Estero and stayed here and got the intro and credits pages done, had been putting off for weeks. Now that everything is laid out, we will spend a month or so making corrections, and coming up with a cover.
Half Acre Homestead: I'm doing a presentation on tools Friday here at Commonweal. Click here.


2 comment s:

mike said...

The hardest poss conditions to matride,mate.Baby steps...

Anonymous said...

another beautiful picture, Lloyd.

Lloyd, you've done a good thing with blog, sharing your exploits. if more folks could learn to meander like you, there'd be less grief in the world, more good things.

always makes me feel good, reading about your meanderings. thks

Post a Comment