• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Ikea Hackers

"Somewhat commercial but I have found many re-purposing ideas that translate away from the blue / yellow motif.
-Mike W"
Ikea hackers is a site about modifications on and repurposing of Ikea products. Hacks, as we call it here, may be as simple as adding an embellishment, some others may require power tools and lots of ingenuity.
At left: …a sad white IKEA's Expedit cabinet hacked with pallets. I've suspended it, drilled and cut in different points to hide wires and added a colored IKEA's LED stripe to get an even cooler look! 
Due to its irregular surface, to keep it clean I've topped it with a 6 mm thick laser cut PVC cover sheet that works just fine for what I had in my mind, it shows perfectly what's below it and add value to its shades. 

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Laser cutting PVC is a really, really bad idea as it gives off corrosive and toxic gas.

Post a Comment