• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
 

Maryland Couple to Retire in $19K Tiny Home on Wheels


"When Greg Cantori and his wife, Renee, are ready to retire, they will not only have to pack up their respective offices, but also downsize their home, in a big way. The Cantoris of Pasadena, Md., plan to retire in a 238-square-foot house on wheels they purchased two years ago for $19,000. The couple lives with one of their two grown daughters in a 1,400-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bath home on the same lot where their future retirement home waits on wheels. 'We don’t know how many years it will be but we’re getting there,' said Cantori, the president of Maryland Nonprofits. …"
Click here.
Photo: Kenneth Lam/MCT/Landov

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW been looking for People in the area that are interested in the tiny House movement and here you are in Pasadena not 5 miles from where I am... My family has lived here three generations and have built over 250 "Normal " sized homes in Severna Park ... My first house was 32 square feet that my Dad built for me as a play house. I'm looking to build another one in the future on wheels and have been collection ideas on the Tiny House site... Would love to meet you and talk tiny houses.... the ideas creating a smaller living space to live well in... You can contact me at kgmoonbeam@aol.con or call my cell phone 443 534 5686 thanks Kathy Giddings

Anonymous said...

gosh...no new post this morning...

Lloyd, one must therefore assume you are off claiming your HUGE powerball lottery win...GRIN


Anonymous said...

I will soon start on a 480 sq. ft. retiement home in a garage on adult children's property. I have done my own floor plans, and I am so excited to begin. I plan to use mostly wood on walls, ceiling, etc., and am exploring copper, zinc, brushed stainless steel, etc for all countertops. Am learning that tiny appliances are expensive and difficult to find. I WANT a 3 burner, closed surface electric stove....about 20-24 inch. Can't find one I can afford! Anyone have suggestions? Looking for corner, skirted toilet and round corner shower too. Plan to utilize every squard inch of space.

Post a Comment