• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Cook's Illustrated

I fell in love with this magazine the first time I laid eyes on it. The layout, the drawings, the consistency. There are no ads! The design is elegant. The front cover and rear cover of each issue are always lovely paintings of food by two different artists: Robert Papp and John Burgoyne.
   Not only does it look good in the graphic arts sense, but the articles and recipes look to be a cook's delight.
    It's tied in with the TV and radio shows America's Test Kitchen.

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/

8 comment s:

Wendy said...

I have NEVER made anything of theirs that wasn't good. Most of it was amazing. Just be prepared to follow a lot of tedious instructions, that are so very worth it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping me figure out the perfect Mother's Day gift! Truly one of my most favorite publications.

Justin said...

I second Wendy's comment. I also dig Saveur magazine - check it out: http://www.saveur.com/

Anonymous said...

not on topic
but Lloyd
you at any risk from the Wildfires?

seem to be hearing a LOT in news about it, and didnt have in mind how you were situated?

Lloyd Kahn said...

No, wildfires were in Sonoma county and SoCal. But it's troubling, so early in the year.

Anonymous said...

Lloyd, good to hear re the fires... i am at consderable distance, just what i see in news footage,and i find it concerning too...these huge fires take off, and are close to unmanageable...

Anonymous said...

I bought a stack of these from a thrift store, including the very first issue, for .25 each. My family eats at the table now, and leftovers are a fading memory. I also love the illustrations and paintings-it just reinforces the whole idea that even the simplest meal can be elevated to art when it is done beautifully. Great publication!!

Anonymous said...

hey Lloyd, just wondered, if you've looked at adding the following to your diet, have been reading lots of good stuff on these, so thought I would mention them...Lots of Omegas/Higher in Protein/etc

Quinoa
Chia
Buckwheat

Post a Comment