• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead

Authorities Want To Demolish Straw Bale House

Three people sent us this in the last few days.

"Pembroke-shire says this home is 'harmful to the rural character of the locality' and must be demolished."


Anonymous said...

a travisty...to consider destroying such beauty,skill,practical usefulness...

could they get it declared a national monument?
could they form a religion (those of the Straw House/Commonsense Sect)
and have it declared a place of worship?


Ches said...

There was a time when I was a liberal, now I am a libertarian; same root, different meaning. Live and let live and do no harm. I wish this young couple the best of luck.

Kay L. Davies said...

I'll bet they use the technicality "he didn't apply for a permit" to justify demolishing it, Lloyd, although I can't see why. I think it is beautiful, and it certainly looks like "rural character" to me.

Anonymous said...

Power to the People
Planners suck
Little Pink houses all in row

Anonymous said...

my faith takes another hit . .they want to demolish this beautiful home for ascetic reasons?
Hitler lost fascism won . .

Post a Comment