• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
 

Mentawai Islands Surf Retreat


"I just returned home to Vancouver Island, from the Mentawai Islands in Indonesia. I was visiting friends who have created an incredible retreat in an island paradise setting. I took John a copy of Builders of the Pacific Coast, I've been trying to lure him to Canada for 15+ years, and that book is packed with his people, builders just like him. Now I'd like to introduce you to John Ocean's work, I'm sure you folks will appreciate it.
Mieke Dusseldorp
Check out what you could call home at this island paradise surf retreat in the Mentawai Islands, west of Sumatra, Indonesia. Mentawai Islands Surf - Togat Nusa Retreat/Built by John Ocean. http://www.mentawaiislandssurf.com"

2 comments:

Martin said...

Beautiful place! Brilliant and beautiful work! But since the island appears to have little freeboard, I wonder how long before it's all underwater due to searise?

bayrider said...

Wow, now that's the sort of tiny home that gets me excited. Your friend is certainly living the dream and by his own lights. I looked all through the website, everything just beautiful, organic, adventurous, surfer's paradise.

Post a Comment