• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Mama's in the alley and she's got no shoes…

When I was in Duluth, my friends Peter and Cindy were playing a (vinyl) collection of Bob Dylan titled "biograph." It has versions of a lot of songs I'd never heard. I ordered it the next day, and am playing it now. If you're a Dylan fan, check it out.
  I think in future ages, Dylan will be recognized as a poet on the level of Chaucer. When I really listen to some of those lyrics, even these many years later, I'm stunned.

2 comments:

The itinerant archer said...

I'm going to have to stop looking at your Blog, it keeps costing me money :0)

Have you heard Mike Oldfield's "The Songs of Distant Earth" ??

Another must buy !!!

Ches said...

Agreed. Dylan up to his motorcycle wreck was a genius, with Highway 61 the top of the mountain. Maybe we could call it the Book Of Bob ( "God Said to Abraham..."). Don't know what happened in that wreck but it changed everything.

Post a Comment