• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

From a Coffee Shop in Vancouver


 Here are a few photos from the SFO International Airport this morning. They have fabulous exhibits there.  There were 3 exhibits: Automata: vintage mechanical French puppet-like figures, some of which seemed alive; a stunning exhibit of vintage Italian motorcycles; an exhibit of  old microscopes.

Vancouver is one of my favorite cities, similar in many ways to San Francisco. (I'm in Canada for 12 days to do slideshow/book signings and interviews. Schedule is here.)
  I got into my hotel too early to check in, so I've taken one of their (free) bikes out and am touring around the Granville Market/West 4th St./Kitsilano area, checking out shops, detouring through neighborhoods which are strangely quiet. I like being plopped down in unfamiliar territory where everything is new. Serendipity abounds. Running across the unexpected. Stay tuned; ride shotgun  with me this next week.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what, no Alberta tour?

Kay L. Davies said...

Aha, I read these in the wrong order, but I did know you'd be there. Is the nifty grey house in Kits? So many of those old houses were let go to seed (as were their gardens) in the 60s and 70s, but fixed up when real estate started to soar. I wish I had bought one when they were $1000 down and I was working in the area.
If wishes were horses...
Happy BCing.
K

Post a Comment