• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Sea Otter at Steamer Lane Yesterday

I could swear this guy had an abalone on his belly and was hammering it with a rock. Floating around just outside the wave zone, livin the good life…

"The sea otter is a secondary consumer and feeds on animals such as sea urchins, clams, mussels, mollusks, abalone, snails, crustaceans, small fish, etc. A fully grown sea otter can eat over 25% of its own body weight."

2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Sometimes I swear my dog eats more than 25% of her own body weight, and she's no lightweight.
I am hoping to see some sea otters when we're in California next week. I think they're just the cutest things ever.
K

Anonymous said...

Wow, we don't have Sea Otters around here (Georgia Straight) anymore. Just river otters.

Post a Comment