• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Back to the Blog

I have to admit I'm big on epiphanies. That said, this one was in recognizing that over the last year, with the accelerated work that always goes along with finishing (and printing) a book, I'd been checking email and blogging on weekends. Ulp!
   I've decided to knock off the the e-Stuff over the weekends, to get back to a better balance between the world of the Mac and the world of physical reality.
   I realized that in my email box there are continually deadlines, rushes, things that need attention tout suite. Also realized that one doesn't have to respond instantly. Been-there-done-that. So I'm gonna kick it down a notch. Doing book signings here and there in the next 3 months, but by golly on some of the days in between I'm gonna get away from the keyboard. More clamming, crabbing, and fishing. More sleeping on beaches. Get going on our Water and Wheels book in the summer.
   This weekend I got a lot of backed-up stuff done in the shop. Sharpened chainsaw, fixed clock, greased bearings of boat trailer, set gopher traps (the little fuckers got 4 of my six cabbages), cleaned up clutter on floor and benches in shop, etc.
   On Friday I'd gone into San Francisco and had a great day and night, more to follow…
Firehouse in South San Francisco on Friday

1 comment :

Adam Smith said...

I have recently developed a theory about the future of computers. Instead of worrying about the "digital divide", very shortly we will see the opposite happen. Computers will be used predominantly by the world's poor. Anyone with enough money will have either outsourced their time infront of the square eye, or figured out how to avoid it all together.

We'll see, but technology always seems to have very unpredictable outcomes...

Post a Comment