• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Tumblr
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

The Return of Teardrop Trailers

"Here's an item from America's past I would not have imagined would make a comeback: The teardrop trailer. First produced during the Great Depression and designed in the Streamline Moderne style, the towable campers were lightweight, economical alternatives to full-sized trailers. They typically offered sleeping/lounging space, storage, and a makeshift cooking/food prep surface. Gas prices being what they are these days, teardrop trailers are back in vogue; some models are so light they can be towed by microcars and even motorcycles.…" Posted by hipstomp, 23 Jan 2012
http://shltr.net/xMnbs3

Thanks to John Norton for this

2 comments:

Irene Tukuafu said...

Lloyd, you had one of these on an earlier post and I've been researching these on the net and what a blast. I found out from my brother that my dad built one in 1945 and traveled to Colorado. I sooooooo loved that trip and didn't know why I was drawn to that first TEARDROP trailer you posted. I'm a thinking that I want to make one myself. thanks for more ideas AS ALWAYS...aloha, irene

Anonymous said...

I am completely in search of the perfect teardrop for my 2015 ventures! I'd love if you have anything come your way if you'd send me the details. I'm at changing_planes@yahoo.com. I'm looking for one that's under $5k.

Post a Comment