• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
 

Lloyd House's van conversion

lloyd house van
Michael McNamara sent this photo of Lloyd's current residence. He extended the walls of a van to create this beautiful space. He was building it when I visited him a year or so ago. It was a cold day and we had some tea sitting around the little stove he'd welded up out of an old propane tank with a wok for a door. It'll be in our forthcoming book on tiny houses.

11 comment s:

frann said...

Looking like some of the House Trucks in New Zeland..very nice!

Irene Tukuafu said...

VERY NICE in deed. and how about a picture of the whole house truck from the outside?

PhilM said...

So many questions. Is this built upon a usa type full size cargo van?
Do the wood walls join the metal walls such a van would have, or did Lloyd H cut down the metal to form a well of sorts?

More pictures please and a nice place in the upcoming tiny house book. When is that due out any way??

PhilM

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome, and hope one day that I build something as cool as that trailer.

omo said...

Looks so cozy . . .

Anonymous said...

this photo makes me smile so simple and elegant

Alex said...

That looks great, I can't wait to see more pictures---especially the outside. Your blog is looking good as well! Talk to you later... Alex

dzent1 said...

To be factually accurate, you might consider changing the name to "Lloyd's AWESOME Blog".

Nice!

Alison Joy Cross said...

Funny , I recently came across this ford van conversion while looking for someone to ask a question to . I feel in love with it as I knocked on it's door. Sadly Loyd wasn't home.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone tell me what kind of stove this is?
I'm looking for something similar.

Lloyd Kahn said...

Stove is homemade from 5 Gal propane tank.

Post a Comment