• Subscribe to
    Lloyd’s Blog via RSS.
Instagram
  • Check out TheShelterBlog.com
  • Tools for the
    Half-Acre Homestead
 

Dan Brown does pushups when writing

From interviews with Dan Brown, author of The Davinci Code:
“For me, writing is a discipline, much like playing a musical instrument; it requires constant practice and honing of skills. For this reason, I write seven days a week. So, my routine begins at around 4:00 AM every morning, when there are no distractions.”

Why start at 4 a.m.?  “Otherwise I feel like I’m missing my most productive hours.…

From another interview: In addition to starting early, I keep an antique hour glass on my desk and every hour break briefly to do pushups, sit-ups, and some quick stretches. I find this helps keep the blood (and ideas) flowing. I’m also a big fan of gravity boots. Hanging upside down seems to help me solve plot challenges by shifting my entire perspective. Okay, I guess all this does sound a little strange.

http://www.inkygirl.com/dan-brown-writing-habits-starts-at-4-a-m-likes-gravity-boots/

0 comments:

Post a Comment